Wednesday 22 June 2011

the land that needs saving.

Hi all, I'm back from Dominican Republic, it was really nice, so thanks everyone for the really nice comments! As i only got back today I'm really jet lagged and currently sitting in a big woolly jumper and p'j bottoms, scruffy or what! So I'm doing some book reviews that i read whilst away, hope you get abit of an insight.
1) STOLEN - LUCY CHRISTOPHER
This book turned out to be one of the most interesting books, Ive eveer read! I'm not gonna tell you what its about you can read the back or search it for the exact details, but this book is aimed at 12-20 year olds, well, my mums reading it and she's forty odd so! If you like an empowering book, and a book with a character that you can relate to in many ways, then this is the book for you! Gemma is 16 and her captor is 20 odd, and by the end she expresses feeling for him that she shouldn't, but there is abit of a twist, a must read 9/10.

MEN I'VE LOVED BEFORE - ADELE PARKS
Firstly, this isn't a book i would generally go for, its more adult-y and relates more to women, then teenagers, but again i really enjoyed this book which was a total surprise (i picked it up off of a shelf of books on holiday and brought it home). It is more rom-com-sexy in away, but again the storyline of the wife (Nat) and husband (Neil), and the wife not wanting a baby and the reason for this is really compelling, my mum and dad got bored of me with my nose in it for 4 days straight!If you like teenage rom-coms such as Angus Thongs and Perfect Snogging (series) and girl 16/15 but want a bit more adult-y feeling, then this book is perfect for you, as it was for me 8/10. Charminggg.
Other reviews that will be coming are JANE GREEN - LIFE SWAP, ELIZABETH GILBERT - EAT PRAY LOVE and SUZANNE BUGLER - THIS PERFECT WORLD.
(currently reading vampire diaries volume II)

3 comments:

Michelle Loreto said...

Ooh, interesting reviews! I've got my eye on the second book - I love a good romcom.

x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

Emma said...

Welcome back! Glad you had a good time. That first book sounds really quite interesting; may have to give it a look myself. x

Ashley said...

I just recently took a trip to the Dominican republic too! isnt it great to relax and get some reading done!? I know thats what I did, great blog you've got!

Check out mine if you'd like!
XO
mendesashley.blogspot.com